Monday, September 7, 2009

Reconsideration...


I took a look at all of my icons and I realized, there is not one that really emotionally impacts me. I did a little reconsideration about my icons and stumbled upon a man that has influenced me a lot, and provided amazing things for some pretty important people. His name is Mike Ciprari. Him and his brother Scott are the owners of SJC Custom Drum Company. Mike has been playing drums for 14 years, since he was nine years old. He fixed up an old drum kit of his when he went to college, so he could have it closer, and when people started seeing his work, many wanted one of their own.

Mike inspires me because he took a little hobby of his, and was able to form a career out of it. He goes to work everyday loving every minute of it. Making custom drums for bands such as Panic! At The Disco, All Time Low, Gym Class Heroes, Cobra Starship, Boys Like Girls, Miley Cyrus, Dr. Dre and hundreds more including myself.

I could take his inspiration, and form it into something of my own. I have been meaning to make a custom kit of my own for a while now, but just haven't found the money or drive to do it yet. After getting a custom kit from them, it has been making me want to start the project more and more everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment