Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Reflection.

I discovered a lot about my writing through this project. I thought I wouldn't have to do much revising in this paper. I thought I would have been good enough to turn it on the first day. As I look back on my first draft, it was nothing like the final draft that I finished with. My writing improved greatly from revision of the drafts. One specific writing technique I used was the technique of flashback which is the act of stepping back in time from a current point in a story to recall or explain a story. I took the audience to a different point in my past, the first drum kit I ever owned myself, and described a lot of the emotions that were running through my head when I got it. I think it had a very positive effect on my writing. It let me use description to paint a picture in the audience's heads. If I had time to do another draft, I think I would include more description and tighten up my stories a little better."The shades of the autumn burst took me to a Midwest town in November; the sap of the trees, and un-raked leaves in the front yard, seemed as if they had made their way to the fade of my drums ." I think this sentence is good because I use a lot of description and a strong similie to add a little more. Thats about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment