Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Historical Buddy?

I think I would most like to run into FDR. He seems like the nice nerdy kid in a wheelchair. Now, he wasn't diagnosed with polio until later in his life, but I would like to picture him in a wheelchair his whole life. We would be in the library together, and I would ask him to help me with a history paper about the founding fathers. He is my age, but looks much older, and busier, but he helps me anyway.

We carry on talking, and our conversation becomes a casual get to know type of conversation. He tells me he has been dating a girl named Eleanor and is planning on marrying her as well. I disagree with his decision and asked him if he was afraid of getting old. "The only thing we have to fear is fear itself," he replied.

He was working on a political paper. I am in no way a politician, but he seemed to carry on talking as if I knew anything about what he was saying. He kept describing himself, "I am neither bitter nor cynical but I do wish there was less immaturity in political thinking." That I understood. He had an interesting way of communication that the dumbest of the dumbest even understood what he was talking about.

I chose FDR because he seems like an interesting person that I could see myself actually getting along with. An optimist with a strong sense of humor. Everyone fell in love with FDR, what is stopping me?

Sources!
FDR Inaugural Speech
Second- No Known Source. Couldn't Find.

No comments:

Post a Comment