Friday, June 18, 2010

Semester Reflection 1

What project was most valuable to you, and what have you gained from it?

My most valuable project this year was definitely Ampersand. I did the cover for the book, providing me with a great portfolio item for college, as well as writing a piece I am extremely proud of. My topic was one that was very meaningful to me, that applied to me and that I was/am feeling.
My piece was about the teenage job market, and the recession's affect on adults. It was full of evidence and composed of over 6 full scale revisions. I am extremely proud of everything I did with that project, and I believe I made something that will help me in the future. Therefore making it my most valuable project.

Describe one valuable mistake you made this year.

A mistake I made this year was not taking more leadership roles in Humanities. I was concentrating more on playing it safe, instead of taking a risk and challenging myself. I decided to end this cycle by taking on the lawyer role in the Mock Trial project. I went into the project very nervous about the amount of work I was getting myself into. It was hard getting used to, especially because the project was only a week. However, this didn't change the workload. As I progressed through the project, the research turned into fun. I enjoyed finding points to ruin someone else's. So I guess my biggest mistake was not taking more of these opportunities.

What challenges do you face as a student in a project-based learning environment?

Some challenges I face as a student in a Project-based learning environment, is the option to work alone. You don't get lot of these chances normally, however this year I did. I took advantage of these in projects like Media Saves The Beach, in which I created an art piece and a research paper alone. The art piece went on to be sold to Larry Rosenstock . I would have to say that is the biggest challenge in an project based learning environment.

No comments:

Post a Comment