Sunday, June 20, 2010

Semester Reflection Part 2

What four-year college/s are you interested in and why?
For now, I have narrowed my search down to art colleges. My hypothesis is that if I go to an art college, I can not only complete the necessary courses for my GED, but also get an idea for the art business. It would be a perfect transition from school to work. I could definitely get an internship through school, and then segway into a full time job. Some colleges I am looking at are:
Otis College Of Art
UCLA
Maine College of Art
San Diego State
Seattle Pacific University


Describe your vision for yourself in pursuing higher education.
My vision for myself beyond high school and college, is one day working for a design company or a large clothing company, doing design or advertising. I feel like this is what I should be doing, and so this is why I plan on going to an art college. I would learn the real design process and gain experience through working with the teachers and mentors in college.

What is a quality in a classmate that you would like to develop in yourself?
I would have to say that the biggest quality in a classmate in which I would like to develop in myself is focus. I have a really hard time dedicating all of my time to one thing at a time. I see this quality in several of my close friends, and it helps them complete assignments, goals and projects on time and with high quality. This skill would do the same for me, and I think next year, I will have enough on my plate that I will have no other option but to focus extremely hard on each thing.

What is the greatest challenge facing your generation? What will be necessary to address it?
I think the biggest problem facing my generation is the ability to solve problems and complete goals without someone holding our hand the whole time. We need to be less dependent on other people, and adapt the mindset that the generations before us had. We have new technologies now that have allowed us to become addicted to instant gratification. We now depend on these new technologies to solve problems for us, and have forgot how to solve them on our own.

No comments:

Post a Comment