Sunday, January 10, 2010

Internship: Day 2
Ben Wasserman
Recreational Music Center

Look back on your first two days at your internship.
What have you actively done to start off on the right note?
What have you actively done to create interesting opportunities for yourself?
What have you actively done to advance the interests of your mentor and/or site?
What can you do in the immediate future to improve yourself and your experience in the above areas?

It got off to a bad start. My mentor and I were not on the same page whatsoever about my internship there, so for the first couple days it was awful. On Friday we talked about everything that was bothering us, and it all boiled down to a series of misunderstandings. I am now starting on the right note with cleared air and a positive outlook on what is to come.

I have began working on a series of small projects, from which I will filter out the one I want to concentrate most on. On Friday, I worked at their Friday Night Liberty/Fun Friday event, and was suprised at the number of people that showed up. It was good to see that there will be a lot of people that I can display my work to outside of the High Tech High Community.

With a brand new start at a great internship site, I am looking forward to showing them my hard work and self motivation that will lead to a great project. To prevent any other misunderstandings, I will need to be more descriptive, personal and honest with my mentor. I feel like this is what got us to the bad start before. Not anymore!

No comments:

Post a Comment