Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Internship: Week 2, Day 1

I have grown to appreciate teachers more. It takes a lot more then it looks to teach something. I say this because I have began to teach music and several other things on a daily basis. The words and actions it takes to do something that you have aquired a skill for, are like chinese to someone who has never done it before. It comes naturally to you, but getting someone to understand, is very difficult. Last night, my neighbor called me asking for help in biology for her final tomorrow. She asked if I was good and I said that I had taken honors bio and could help her with what she needed. When I got there and sat down, I didn't know how to explain anything. I could answer trivia and narrow down multiple choice, but had forgotten how to get to where I am. It led me to wonder how my teachers were so good at making you understand. I don't know if its the several years of repeating the same lessons over and over again, or good memory or something else. All I know is that it is not easy.

1 comment:

  1. It's great that you have learned to appreciate our teachers. That's not something you see every day. It seems like this internship has been providing some great opportunities.

    ReplyDelete