Friday, January 22, 2010














Internship: Week 2, Day 3
Today I hit a brick wall. I was stuck, sick and extremely curious about how this internship and my projects were going to get finished on time. It lead me to think about how someone in my situation would take this obstacle, and overcome it. How someone in the world would climb over the brick wall and keep going. It has made me wonder about how incredibly hard it must be to have constant pressure and stress to keep your business afloat and a constant income in these times. I am just an intern, and I am feeling so much stress just to succeed. From now on, I am more inspired to constantly try to find a better way not to have to encounter these walls; and to find a way around them before I hit them.

Questions For My Mentor:

Do you feel you made the right decision going into an art related field, opposed to a more guaranteed higher paying business profession

How do you feel this choice affected your life and future?

With a baby on the way, and your business directed towards music lessons for kids and adults, do you think that having the baby will give you a chance to learn about a child and their views on music as they grow?

Even with a bachelors in music, did you feel unqualified going into music as a profession?

How did opening a music studio teach you about business, the balance of money and time, and how to keep a business open in troubling times?

No comments:

Post a Comment